Adult New Passport Requirements
Before your post office appointment, you must gather all the documents and items to get a New Passport.
Photocopy of a Valid Drivers’ License or State ID Front and Back.
If your ID was issued in the last 6 months or is expired, you will need to provide at least 2 additional IDs:
- In-state, fully valid non-driver ID (without photo)
- Learners or Temporary Driver Permit (without photo)
- Temporary driver’s license (without photo)
- Social Security card
- Voter registration card
- Employee work ID
- Student ID
- Medicare or health card
Provide your Evidence of Citizenship – You are required to submit 1 of the following
- Fully valid, undamaged U.S. Passport (can be expired)
- Original or certified copy of your U.S. birth certificate
- Certificate of Naturalization
Passport Fees – 2 Checks or Money orders made to the U.S. Department of State
- 1 in the amount of $190.00 payable to the U.S. Department of State for passport
- 1 in for 19.53 for 1-2 days express shipping included
Passport Photos – Get at CVS, Walgreens, or Post office
- In color
- No glasses
- Taken within the last 6 months
- In front of plain white or off-white background
- Neutral facial expression with both eyes open
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the head or hairline
Confirmed Travel Itinerary – Print 2 Copies
- Plane ticket
- Flight itinerary
- Plane E-ticket
- Hotel Reservations (Can only be used for driving across the border)
- Business Travelers ( Will need Letter from employer on company letterhead stating the reason for emergency travel)
Letters of Authorization – Print 2 copies & complete
- Please print 2 letters of authorization and complete them by hand.
- This allows us to submit your passport on your behalf.
Passport Application – You must Print 2 Copies.
- Print 2 copies of your application when completed
- The application must be completed online and printed. If you have any questions, please call 215-397-1135
- Do not sign the application after printing. It must be signed in front of the Passport acceptance agent at the Post office.
- Click here to start filling out your new passport Application
If you have any questions or you have gathered all items needed, call 215-397-1135 to double-check before your Post office appointment
Shipping Your Hand Carry Application for Processing – Must use a trackable method FedEx, UPS, or USPS overnight)
Attention: Eric or Lorraine Mita
Prompt Passport Services
2324 S Lambert Street
Philadelphia, Pa 19145