Child Passport Emergency Requirements
You need to gather all required items and documents below to apply for an Emergency Child Passport
Photocopy of a Parents Valid Drivers’ License or State ID front & back
If your ID was issued in the last six months or is expired, you will need to provide at least two additional IDs:
- In-state, fully valid non-driver ID (without photo)
- Learners or Temporary Driver Permit (without image)
- Temporary driver’s license (without image)
- Social Security card
- Voter registration card
- Employee work ID
- Student ID
- Medicare or health card
- Valid Passport Book
Evidence of Citizenship – Must provide 1 of the following
- Fully valid, undamaged U.S. Passport (can be expired)
- Original or certified copy of your U.S. birth certificate
- Certificate of Naturalization
Passport Fees – 2 Checks or Money orders made payable to the U.S. Department of State
- 1 in the amount of $160.00 payable to the U.S. Department of State for passport
- 1 in the amount of $19.53 payable to the U.S. Department of State for 1-2 day express shipping
- No Starter Checks
Passport Photos – CVS, Walgreens, or Post office
- In color
- No glasses
- Taken within the last 6 months
- In front of a plain white or off-white background
- Neutral facial expression with both eyes open
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the head or hairline
Travel Itinerary – Print 2 Copies
One copy for the post office, the extra copy put on the side for us.
- The applicant’s name must be on the travel document
- Plane ticket
- Flight itinerary
- Plane E-ticket
- Hotel Reservations – Can only be used for driving across the border
- Business Travelers Will need a Letter from the employer on company letterhead stating the reason for emergency travel
2 Letters of Authorization -, Print 2 Copies and Complete
- One copy for the post office the extra copy put on the side for us.
- This document permits us to submit your passport for you.
- Please print 2 Letters of Authorization and complete them by hand
Passport Application – Print 2 copies
One copy for the post office and the extra copy put on the side for us.
- Print 2 copies of your application when completed
- The application must be completed online and printed. If you have any questions, please call 215-397-1135
- Do not sign the application after printing. It must be signed in front of the Passport acceptance agent at the Post office.
- Click here to start filling out your new passport Application
Statement of Consent Form
- When one parent/legal guardian is unavailable when the passport is executed at the Post office.
- A completed and notarized DS-3053 consent form will need to be included along with a photocopy of the driver’s License front and back.
- Print Statement of Consent Form
If you have any questions or have gathered all items needed, call 215-397-1135 to double-check before your Post office appointment.
Shipping Your Hand Carry Application for Processing – Must use a trackable method FedEx, UPS, or USPS overnight)
Attention: Eric or Lorraine Mita
Prompt Passport Services
2324 S Lambert Street
Philadelphia, Pa 19145